Thursday, October 23, 2008

Broom sticks or fly away favors...



...and a pumpkin


Kelli at There’s No Place Like Home hosts Paper-Crafting Thursday where we can show cards, bookmarks, etc. that we have worked on made out of paper. She has some really cute caramel apple cards up this week and I encourage you to go check it out!

OK,... so I used brown paper lunch sacks for my paper project...

I actually saw this idea in a magazine last year and decided to make a couple this year for a couple of the kids coming over this next Friday for Halloween. They appropriately are called fly away favors. You will need two brown lunch sacks, a stick, some type of twin to secure the tops of the bags.

Unfold one bag, and push out its base while folding in the left and right sides. Using scissors, cut the bag into thin strips, stopping short of the base. Cut thin strips into the top inch of the second bag. Open both bags, and place the second bag inside the shredded one: fill with candy. Insert a small branch 1 inch into the bag; cinch the tops of both bags, and secure with black twine.






7 comments:

Mindy said...

Nice job. We made these too! They're so cute. Thanks for visiting Shore's End.

P-Dot said...

I loved the carmel apple idea. Thanks for posting it.

Christine said...

Thanks earth mommy, I'll be back to shore's end for sure!

P dot I know, are they not adorable or what! I want to make those next! I need to head on out for my run ta ta!

Ms. Tee said...

Oh my goodness, those are so cute! I've never seen these before! :)

CarJax said...

Good job Chris! The kids will love them.

Kelli said...

You have been making lots of fun things! I love the little broomsticks...so cute!
~Kelli

nancy said...

This is a very cute craft. thanks for sharing it. I see youhave a pug. We have a puggle. They are wonderful dogs.
Nancy