Monday, November 24, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY ... November 24, 2008


Outside My Window... Looking out side on my deck, everything covered up for the winter.
I am thinking... About Alison coming home tomorrow and all the things we plan to do this week.
I am thankful for... My parents and how blessed I am to have them both in my life.
From the kitchen... It is clean for now and a pot of hot water is boiling on the stove for a cup of my homemade cinnamon hot cocoa.

I am wearing... Blue jeans and a blue jean shirt with warm sheep skin slippers.
I am creating... Needle point snowman that Winterwood gave me a pattern for.
I am going... To Pick up my mom and pick out a turkey for Thanksgiving dinner.
I am reading... Captivating by Staci Eldredge.
I am hoping... That everyone makes it here safely for Thanksgiving Thursday and that more fun memories are created for everyone.
I am hearing... Christmas music on my stereo in the living room, Kathie Lee Gifford Christmas CD.
Around the house... I cleaned really well for my book club gathering Saturday, even cleaned out my bedroom closet last night and Dave helped me. Going to clean out the spare room today in case Annya comes by this week she will have a clean room to sleep in.
One of my favorite things... Christmas shows on TV, watched three yesterday while cleaning out my closet. There is a thanksgiving movie I hope to catch this week as well.
A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Finish off filing in my office, make two pies, stuffing, turkey and a fruit platter for the dinner party.After we get our hair cuts, Alison and I will shop for fresh flowers Wednesday for our center piece and flowers through out the home. I can't wait to see what she comes up with this year! I will do some cleaning and hopefully everything will be all ready when my treasured family and friends show up to eat good food and play lots of games! wii!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...



Right before we set the Thanksgiving table last year at my Aunt Jan's house last
year. It was beautiful and so much fun! She added another long table to this one so
that we could all sit together. Thanks Auntie for hosting it last year, looking forward
to treating all of you this year!

Will be pretty busy this week so let me wish you all a Wonderful Thanksgiving Holiday! So much to be thankful to God for! =O) God Bless Everyone!

Simple Woman

4 comments:

Everydaythings said...

Christine - I hope you and your family have a wonderful time togther at TG. I am looking forward to seeing my DD at christmas - she lives in another state over here and I miss her so much!

to answer your Q - we dont have TG here in australia. I made the giving thanks board after being inspired by your USA holiday.

Unknown said...

How a lunk head like me ended up with a daughter like you (and a daugher in law like Jackie and a son like Carl and another son like John and grandkids like all of them and a wonderful wife, etc. etc.) is a real miracle. I am so thankful for this family and the blogs have become a everyday addiction. Thank you for being such a wonderful 'sis'

Love Dad

P-Dot said...

To Washingtonevans:
I second that "lunk head" stuff Mr. E
and I'm glad that God has spared your life once again....
You and your wife and your kids and grandkids and friends and family have a great time together on Thanksgiving and you will make sure to thank God that you get to enjoy another one.
Blessings Bro!

CarJax said...

Hi Chrissy, This was fun to read. And Papa Jack's comment was so sweet! I feel so blessed too by all my wonderful family (y'all included). Hugs, Jax