
Start out with a few small canning jars....

Your favorite pie dough recipe....

Your favorite pie filling....

....and
Waa~
Laa! You have wonderful little pies in a jar, ready to freeze and bake when you are feeling the need for a hot pie dessert. (Yep, right out of the freezer!)

I made up several of these tasty little gems to send back to school with the daughter. All she has to do is grab one of these pies out of her freezer, take off the lid, set the oven temperature to 375*, bake it for 50-60 minutes and her home made dessert is all ready to go. Double Yum-Yum here!

Each one is marked with the baking directions and what type of pie is inside the container. Is this not the most clever little treat idea ever. Well, OK, maybe not ever..but it is darn clever!

Once again, it's about food! I know, I know, I'm going to blow up here and you all are going to say, 'See, we told you so!!!' I got this from once again
"Our best bites" blog. I made five of these wonderful little mini pies for the daughter's freezer. They really are the perfect size for one person's after dinner dessert pleasure. What a great way to send, home made, away with your kids. These would be nice to have packed away in your freezer for friends and family when you are dropping off a meal for them as well. I am going to make up some chicken pot pies in a jar for the daughter as well.
~enjoy