Wednesday, August 8, 2012


The Lord has made Himself known.
 Psalm 9:10

Just lost a friend to suicide. The first thing that came to mind was, why? 

"Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, accurately handling the word of truth." 
2 Timothy 2:15

One of our last conversations was about being saved. He told me in a matter of fact voice that all good people go to heaven. I told him that was a lie from the devil and proceeded to share gospel truth with him. All good people indeed do not go to heaven, only saved people go to heaven. 

I shared with him Acts 2:37-42

He said that this was to simple, there had to be more. I said that this is what truly saves us according to holy words in the bible; it's what gets us going on our journey. He asked for the address of where we fellowship so I shared with him the story of humble stable church. He said it is what he has been searching for.

He never made it to that Sunday morning service. The doctors had changed his medication and I never saw him again. 

Are we boldly and lovingly teaching truth to those who the Holy spirit sends in our direction? 

Timothy tells us all this:

Be diligent to present yourself approved to God as a workman who does not need to be ashamed, handling accurately the word of truth.
2 Timothy 2:15

3 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

I am so sorry to hear about your friend, Christine. It sounds like you were a loving friend to him. I am thinking of you today and sending my love.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

mamamia said...

I'm so sorry for your loss.

CarJax said...

I am so sorry too, Chrissy. Hugs.