A Cup of Coffee and a Morning Full of Grace

 



Outside my window, a mama deer stands quietly with her newborn fawns, and for a moment the world seems to slow down.

I wrap my hands around a warm cup of coffee and simply take it all in.

Before the day begins its familiar dance of lists and responsibilities, I sit in the stillness and let my heart catch up.

My mind begins to wander from one little task to the next, so I take another sip and slowly write out my list for the day.

At the very top I write something that doesn’t feel like a chore at all:

Hold my precious grandson for a few hours so two tired parents can rest.

A small gift.
A quiet blessing.
A reminder that some of the sweetest moments in life are the ones we are invited to give away.

On the table beside me sit my watercolors, waiting patiently. I finish a little painting for a journal page, adding color and creativity to the stories God is still writing.

The clouds outside seem to be gathering, whispering that rain may soon arrive. If it does, my pottery wheel will need to be moved into the garage so I can continue creating at the wheel.

Another sip of coffee.

Another quiet glance outside.

The day is waiting for me, and I know it will need a little push to get started. There are places to go, things to do, and people to love.

But before I step into all of that, I want to linger here just a little longer.

Here, in this ordinary morning filled with extraordinary gifts.

The deer.
The coffee.
The rain clouds.
The paintbrush.
The clay.
The tiny hands I’ll soon hold.

And most of all…

a heart that whispers:

Thank You, God, for another day to notice Your goodness.


Comments

Popular Posts