When Autumn Comes






I think God must smile
when autumn comes.

When the trees loosen their grip
and golden leaves flutter down,
covering familiar paths
in copper, crimson, and gold.

I love mornings that begin slowly—
a hot cup of coffee warming my hands,
soft music playing somewhere in the background,
and a stack of books waiting patiently
for their turn to be opened.

I love big, cozy blankets,
cool air slipping through an open window,
and long walks around the neighborhood
while leaves crunch beneath my feet.

But this autumn holds
an especially sweet gift—

a tiny grandson
curled against me each morning,
his little body warm in my arms
while the world outside
quietly changes seasons.

And I wonder if perhaps
this is what abundance really looks like.

Not more.
But noticing.

Coffee steaming.
Pages turning.
Music playing.
Leaves falling.
A new baby boy 

All these ordinary gifts
gathered together
into something holy.

Autumn reminds me
that there is beauty in letting go,
beauty in slowing down,
and beauty in simply receiving
what God has placed before us today.

The trees praise Him in color.
The wind whispers through the branches.
Morning light spills through the forest.

And somehow,
all of creation seems to say,

Look what the Lord has done.

So I will wrap myself in a cozy blanket,
pour another cup of coffee,
hold that sweet little Levi just a little longer,
and thank the Creator
for another autumn
beneath His beautiful sky.


“The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.”
— Psalm 19:1

Christine