Just Keep Moving Forward



I’m tired.

Actually, if I’m being truthful, I’m exhausted.

There are seasons when life asks more of us than we think we have to give. We keep showing up, keep loving, keep serving, keep praying—and somewhere along the way we realize our own tank is running awfully low.

And discouragement has a way of showing up when we’re tired.

It whispers, You’re not doing enough. You should be farther along. Maybe you should just quit.

But perhaps God isn’t asking me to do more right now.

Perhaps He’s simply asking me to keep walking with Him.

Not running.

Not accomplishing everything.

Not pretending I’m stronger than I am.

Just taking the next faithful step.

I’m learning that moving forward doesn’t always look impressive. Sometimes moving forward is getting out of bed and whispering, Jesus, help me today. Sometimes it’s resting without feeling guilty. Sometimes it’s doing one small thing instead of the ten things I thought I should do.

And sometimes moving forward means admitting, Lord, I don’t have enough strength for this.

That may be exactly where His strength meets us.


“But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength…”
Isaiah 40:31

So today I’m not giving up.

I may move a little slower. I may need more rest. I may have to leave a few things undone.

But I’m still moving forward—one little step at a time, with Jesus beside me.

And for today, that is enough.



                                  Christine