It's a good thing...
I know that some think that money for gifts is impersonal but let me tell you,... it sure took the stress out of my Christmas this year. There really wasn't much under our tree this year. As a matter of fact there were three gifts under the tree for the kids from us along with a card with cash in it and that was it. Today the twins hit the mall with their friends and found all sorts of incredible deals.
As I was watching the daughters fashion show tonight I couldn't help but think of all the time I saved her, not to mention myself. You see, after Christmas, we all stand in those long return lines to return all the things we bought them that they really would never wear or use. Nothing like your kids pointing out that you are really out of it as far as fashion is concerned. So today, they had lunch with their friends, shopped until they dropped and came home with all sorts of things that I just know they won't be returning!
Our daughter not only is an expert at shopping but loves it! I hate to shop...I have no idea where her love to shop came from! I'm thinking it came from the Nana side of the tree...