Live • Love • Laugh


This picture makes me laugh every time I see it—my daughter having a little fun with my good friend Janice.


Live • Today I lived.

I listened to music I love, rented a movie I’m looking forward to curling up and watching, drank tea with a good friend, and made lunch plans with another. I read another chapter of my book and watched a beautiful sunset settle over the day.

And somewhere in the middle of it all, I stood in my scrapbook room and wrote six little words on the wall:

Think it. Dream it. Create it.

Sometimes living well really is made up of the simplest things.

Love • Today I loved.

I ran a few errands for Dave and reminded him what a wonderful husband and father he is. I called Alison. I told Elliot and Andrew how blessed I am to call them my sons. And I sent a little gift and card to my secret sister.

Nothing grand.

Just love tucked into ordinary places.

Laugh • And today, I laughed.

I laughed at a story Dave told me. I laughed at the bank teller’s joke. I laughed with Molly at Starbucks about our kids. I even stopped while decluttering my bookshelf to laugh at a few jokes in an old Reader’s Digest before tossing it away.

And then I laughed at a neighbor’s story.

That's a lot of laughter tucked into one ordinary day.

Scripture tells us:

“A cheerful heart is good medicine.” — Proverbs 17:22

I think I want to remember to take my medicine every day.

Life can be hard. Some seasons carry more weight than others. And perhaps those are the very times when we need to make room for laughter—not because the hard things aren't real, but because joy is real too.

I read Psalm 37 all the way through today. What a beautiful reminder that no matter what things look like along the way, God is still God. He sees the whole story, and He holds His people securely.

So today, I think I’ll keep it simple:

Live fully.
Love generously.
Laugh often.

Because sometimes a beautiful life isn't made up of grand moments at all.

Sometimes it's tea with a friend, laughter over our children, an old joke, a beautiful sunset, six words written on a wall...

and the grace to notice it all.