Well… it has been a long time since I was last here.
I’m not even sure why I’m writing today or if I will stick with this, but something inside me said, “Begin again.”
So much has happened since I last sat down to write. My children have grown and gone, and I spent the last several years caring for my mom as she walked through the final stages of dementia.
Life did not turn out the way I imagined it would.
A family that once felt so deeply connected became fractured. People I thought would walk beside me forever are no longer part of my everyday life. There have been moments where I have felt scared, wounded, and a little bruised by the journey.
But I am still here.
And I still believe God has a purpose for every season, even the ones we would never have chosen.
I want to continue sharing truth, hope, and the places where I see God showing up — with anyone who wants to listen.
Today is a cool, rainy day. The kind of day where the world feels quiet. The yard that was once dry and brown is beginning to show little signs of green again.
Maybe that is how God works in us too.
Sometimes seasons of waiting, loss, and surrender are doing a hidden work beneath the surface. And then one day, little signs of new life begin to appear.
So here I am.
A little older. A little more tender. A little more aware of what I can and cannot control.
But still trusting.
Let’s begin again. Let’s tend to the wounds, make room for healing, and see where God leads us on this journey.
No comments:
Post a Comment