Fresh pumpkin...yum, yum...and kids home for the week end! doulble YUM!

I'm going to make pumpkin cake today, thank-you for the recipe P-dot. I just looked up how to make fresh pumpkin puree and since I have all these sugar pumpkins that I just bought yesterday, I'm thinking this is a perfect day to do it. I want also to make up some extra pumpkin puree for my Thanksgiving Pies as well. I love bread and pies made from fresh pumpkin! So I will freeze the rest of it until then. Just thought I'd share here and keep a record of this for myself as well. Since I only do this but once a year I always forget.
Well Twin B just went to pick up twin A (two hour drive up and two hours back) to come home for the week end, so I need to get busy here....fresh baked pumpkin seeds for my pumpkins this evening! I think Alison and Elliot are home sick for each other....lol
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Well Twin B just went to pick up twin A (two hour drive up and two hours back) to come home for the week end, so I need to get busy here....fresh baked pumpkin seeds for my pumpkins this evening! I think Alison and Elliot are home sick for each other....lol
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
Step5
Bake the pumpkin until meltingly tender, about 90 minutes. Step7
Puree in a food processor fitted with a metal chopping blade. 



