Pages

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Love in a lunch box


(This is a picture of one of her lunches)


I came across my notes on a talk I gave at a MOPS group about children's lunch ideas. I really enjoyed coming up with new and fun ideas to make my kids lunches fun yet nutritious. I looked at my children's lunches as kind of my mom ministry. I would tuck a funny joke, note or maybe even a little scripture into them. I liked cutting sandwiches into all sorts of fun shapes and even enjoyed cutting the apple into a puzzle for them to put together. I would always be on the look out for fun and silly napkins, anything to dress it up and make it special. I would throw in special movie coupons for them along with fun little surprise gifts into the lunch as well. It was an opportunity for me to connect with them half way through their day at school. I did this pretty much from 1st grade through out high school, with the exception of their senior year, they along with their friends came to my house everyday for lunch! That happens when you teach them how to drive!...lol

I was browsing around today and found this incredible site that this mom has a large number of pictures of her child's lunches on. I really liked her little lunch box and how everything looked so cute and snug inside.

We get one chance to raise our families and create awesome memories with,... and lunch time,... is just another one of them. ~enjoy

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mslil65/sets/72157601755804789/

((I am working on the cutest idea for the kids who are coming to our Halloween dinner. I'll post a picture of them when I finish them up.))
There was an error in this gadget