Pages

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentines Day Everyone!

Open faced sandwiches, grapes, potato chips, chocolate covered strawberries, Shrimp with cocktail sauce, and my once a year chocolate truffle cake served with a Raspberry dessert wine along with sparkling Cider. The kids are all home this week end, which in my book, is the perfect week end.
My father gave me this beautiful collector vase from Roseville and so Dave bought me a beautiful rose to put inside of it for my Simple yet elegant center piece. I love sweet and simple.

The daughter made up some fun things to put on her boy friends front door today. We actually both got the idea off of Jennifer's blog.




Alison helping with the dinner tonight. Sure do miss her when she is away at school...

Simple open face sandwiches on my Polish pottery plate.

We bought shrimp at Costco this afternoon and as always, we added a little more horseradish to the cocktail sauce that comes with the shrimp.
We also bought a container of 12 chocolate covered Strawberries at Costco as well...great price great tasting treats.
I even added one of these tasty straberries to my home made truffle cake...this cake is dense and very chocolaty! I will share the recipes with you soon...most amazing dessert ever if you ask me.
I hope you all had a wonderful Valentines day! With the husbands birthday last week end, the twins birthday the 13th and then Valentines day dinner this evening...I am pretty much done with celebrating for a while.
There was an error in this gadget