Sunday, March 13, 2011

Radical


I have been reading a very convicting book called "Radical" by David Platt. Not really sure of the beliefs of his church and such but what he shares here is extremely convicting. I had to put the book down a few times as it was tough to take in. I guess I wanted to think I am being and doing enough in my walk and wasn't really eager for someone to come along and tell me that I indeed needed to go a little deeper and maybe even do a little more with my time and money for the cross of Christ. So if you want to stay comfortable in your walk I'd encourage you not to read this because he pretty much brings forth what Christ asked of each and everyone who says they want to follow Him. But if you are interested in going deeper and wanting to know what is required of a disciple of Christ then I encourage you to pick up this book. Once you finish this book you need to open the book of Matthew and read chapters 5,6 and 7 every day for 30 days and see where it takes you. If you'd like to just listen and watch his series then just click here.


~enjoy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

For the past several days I have had to spend time researchng George Fox for a term paper. I can relate to what you are saying here. After reading his journal and studying his life- CONVICTION.

Definitely food for thought and fuel for change.

Christine said...

Conviction certainly pushes us all in a little closer to where we need to be. =O)I would like to learn a little more of George Fox, as well. Thank-you for sharing with me.