Tuesday, April 19, 2011

His Name


There is just something about His name....




“The letters of the name of God in Hebrew are yod, hay, vav, and hay. They are infrequently pronounced Yahweh. But in truth they are inutterable…. “This word is the sound of breathing. The holiest name in the world, the Name of Creator, is the sound of your own breathing. That these letters are unpronounceable is no accident. Just as it is no accident that they are also the root letters of the Hebrew verb ‘to be’… God’s name is name of Being itself.”


~Rabbi Lawrence Kushner



(A rock that my dad had made for his garden)




I serve a Holy, Holy, Holy God.

6 comments:

Robin Beck said...

I LOVE that rock-I'm sure your family cherishes it!

Cindy said...

Amen. Such a great focus for me today. Thanks for sharing it.

Deborah said...

Beautiful!!!
The Name above all other Names!!
Happy Easter!! xo

Deborah xo

Christine said...

Every breath we take, there He is.

Ginger said...

I love this. Thanks so much for sharing it.

Tonya said...

beautiful.
refreshing.
inspiring.
timely.
love this post.