Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

{Adjusting}

I stand here looking at the colors and I actually kind of like what I see.

Not sure

{sometimes}

what I am looking at but it sometimes feels safe not knowing, not getting to involved not being drawn into the reality of what this color really is.

Right now,

it can be,

What I want it to be.

Do I stay and allow my eyes to adjust to the brightness of light,

or do I,

go back inside,

into dark where it felt safe?


My eyes were not yet adjusted to the sunlight and I had a choice to make;

stand here, squint and allow my sensitive eyes to adjust,

{or}

do I go back into the dark where it felt safe and familiar?



I make a choice,

and I stay...




..and before I knew it,

my eyes begin to adjust to the brightness.




Sometimes I think about what I have missed out on,


but today,

I am glad,

that I waited for my sensitive eyes....

.... to adjust to my new surroundings.



It is at this very moment when we stand in the middle of His living word,

and just allow ourselves the time to adjust to His light,

that we too,

can see the beauty in his garden.

{His} fragrance is beautiful.



“…look with your eyes and hear with your ears and pay attention to everything I am going to show you, for that is why you have been brought here. ~Ezekiel 40:4




There was an error in this gadget