Monday, August 1, 2011

Summer Harvest


A good amount of memory work is going on in my summer kitchen.

As busy and as crazy as this time of the year is for our family, I must say, I still get giddy about canning all sorts of fruits and vegetables. I'm even looking into some new salsa and tomato sauces recipes to can this summer for some of our winters dinners.

While waiting on berries to simmer or vegetables to be cut, I keep my eye on the kitchen cabinet door, where I hang an index card with His words on it.

At the end of the days I, Nebuchadnezzar, lifted my eyes to heaven, and my reason returned to me, and I blessed the Most High, and praised and honored him who lives forever,

for his dominion is an everlasting dominion,
and his kingdom endures from generation to generation…

he does according to his will among the host of heaven
and among the inhabitants of the earth;
and none can stay his hand…

~Daniel 4:34-35


It all seems to go hand in hand; the food that he provides, the health He blesses us with in order to harvest it out of the gardens and His words, His very words that He breathed onto the pages of His Holy Bible all flowing from our, small and humble, summer kitchen.


~enjoy


No comments: