Sunday, November 13, 2011

French Toast Waffles

Enjoying the warm glow of candles burning through out this chilly {Fall} home today. Thankful for warm wool socks and big warm sweaters.



Our Fall days are slowly turning into Winter days here
...and I am truly enjoying every moment of it.





"I am the bread of life." John 6:48


Which brings me to this....have you ever seen or had cinnamon swirl bread?
It really is good all on its own....








....but today I wasn't interested in merely good...I wanted more deliciousness so here is what I did....





Let me introduce you to the {French Toast} Waffle!


{Ultimate} deliciousness!




So, after you plug in your waffle iron, take your same ingredients that you would make French Toast with...eggs, vanilla, milk, sugar, cinnamon and mix them all altogether, really good.







Slice a thick piece of french bread, (in this case I used my cinnamon swirl bread) into about 2 inch slices. Dip the slice into your wet ingredients and soak both sides of bread....





Now take it and put the wet gooey slice of bread onto your oiled down waffle iron and press it down tight.


Let this cook until finished...
pretty much the same amount of time as you would allow for a waffle.






Once it is finished...open up the waffle iron and......






...WaaLaa!

Here it is!

{Yummy}
deliciousness!







I even heated up my syrup in the microwave until it was bubbly hot.






I honestly think that this is the best waffle I have ever had in my life!




So, if you are looking for a way to step up your waffle experience a notch... then this just might be the way for you to do it!

What a treat!

Feasting on His word as well....

“They shall know that I am the LORD their God…
that I might dwell among them
~Ex. 29:46


Nothing better than feeling full from the inside out.

~enjoy


** Thank-you, Penni, for introducing this yummy treat to me...what a special time I had visiting you in sunny Santa Rosa!


No comments: