A Monday Full of Grace









Monday has always been one of my favorite days of the week.
For me, Mondays are a gentle invitation to slow down — a day to spend quiet time with God, catch up on the little things around the house and office, and begin the week with a grateful heart.

There is something special about the quiet of a Monday morning. The world feels like it is taking a deep breath, and I get the chance to do the same.


Today, however, my quiet Monday looked a little different. I traded my usual routine for a long walk with one of my dearest friends and her grand doggy. We enjoyed the fresh air, good conversation, and the simple gift of friendship.


Of course, every good walk deserves a delicious ending, so we finished our time together with a beautiful salad on the back deck.


Fresh air, laughter, friendship, and a meal shared outdoors — sometimes the sweetest blessings are the simplest ones.


Now the rest of my afternoon will be spent back at my ironing board, where a winter quilt I have been meaning to finish is patiently waiting for me. Alongside it is a wool applique project I started this past weekend, with all the pieces lined up and ready for a little creative attention.

There is something so satisfying about creating with your hands.
Speaking of creativity, my husband and I recently discovered the sweetest little fabric shop while exploring Anacortes together.


It was perfectly placed — with a farmers market right behind it and a charming little coffee shop next door.


While I wandered through beautiful fabrics, my fun-loving husband gathered fresh produce from the market. Then we met back up for croissants and coffee.
I’d say that was a pretty perfect afternoon.
Marriage is made up of these little moments — exploring, laughing, supporting each other’s interests, and finding joy in the simple adventures along the way.
So, back to the ironing board I go.
May your day be filled with little reminders of God’s goodness — the kind found in friendships, creativity, laughter, and the ordinary moments that become extraordinary because He is there.

Happy blessings to all who pass through here.