Water bottles, dirt and worms...oh and some really good cookies!


(Children will add plant to the water bottle Sunday)

An advance Mothers Day wish to all my Mom friends this week end! I have been a little pre occupied with my Sunday school class for the past couple weeks now and thus is the reason I have been missing in action from the bloggy world as of late.

Up above there in the picture, is my moms day project I will be working on with my Sunday school class this coming Sunday. I thought it was pretty clever myself, although I am running on very little fuel here. In other words, everything looks good to me when I am running on empty =O)


I saved up some water bottles and cut them in half, actually I cut them all at just a little under 3 inches high. I then bought some cute paper and wrapped it around the bottle and taped it together. Sunday I will have the kids plant a little flower in their bottles and have them tape the paper onto the bottle. We are studying the "Parable of the Sower" and talking about the four different soils, so this little moms day gift is
perfect timing for our Sunday school lesson. I found some really cute fuzzy pink brackets to add to the middle of the brown paper as well.

The card is simple and will be easy for the kids to do as well. I cut out all the cards and added the green stems. They will paste the poem inside of the card, sign them and then add the tissue flowers on the front of the card. For the tissue flowers I cut little squares out of pink and white tissue paper (The wrapping tissue paper you add to gift bags) wrapped it around the bottom of a pencil, dab it into glue and attach it to the card.

The kids in my class are about preschool age to 2
nd graders, and they are just precious!

Last weeks snack was chopped up Oreo cookies, sweet tart candy and gummy worms. Since we are working with the good soil theme here, I thought it would be fun to feed them dirt, seeds and gummy worms. One of the little girls in my class asked if I'd help wipe the dirt off her gummy worm so she could eat it. She told me she doesn't eat dirt but was happy to pass it off to her little brother!

Gooey Cookie Pie Bites
I have been meaning to post this cookie recipe for the longest time! I found it a while back on, "Our Best Bites" blog and we all love them here. I have made them more than once and they are dangerous and don't last long!








Gooey Cookie Pie Bites

from OurBestBites.com

1/2 C butter (that's 1 stick), melted and cooled
1 C sugar
1/2 C flour
2 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 C chopped pecans, toasted
1 C mini chocolate chips (if you're using another flavor of chips that doesn't come in mini,give them a rough chop so they will distribute evenly)
9" unbaked pie shell (I use store-bought, but you can make your own if you want)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a bowl combine the butter, sugars, flour, eggs, and vanilla. When combined stir in chocolate chips and toasted nuts. Set aside.

Right out of the box the pie crust is way too thick. Lightly flour your rolling surface and roll out crust so it's about 13-14" in diameter. (See pictures on blog for example). Just remember you want it pretty thin, and it will expand while cooking. You will need to cut out some circles and then re-roll the pie crust.

A 2.75" circle fit my mini muffin pans perfectly. So use a cookie cutter, or grab a cup from your cupboard. Chances are you have one that's the perfect size!

Mix all ingredients and pour into pie shells. Bake 20-25 minutes. The tops will get crinkly and golden brown. Let cool for a minute and they should pop right out of the pan.



I am heading over Friday morning and picking up the daughter from College to bring her home for the week end. Two hours up and two hours back...need to plug in one of my books on CD.

We will head over and visit with mom and dad Friday evening and a family friend who just had a beautiful baby boy,
Bon fire at Alki Saturday evening, Church on Sunday morning, Moms day lunch at Alki and back on the road to drop the daughter off for her last little stretch of school finals. I swear we are busier now than when these kids all lived at home!

I am heading out of town Tuesday to spend a week with Penny, another blogger friend on here, in Sunny Santa Rosa California. She is actually here now on a visit and staying with my mom. Asked her where she hid the hide-a- key just in case I get there before she does!

Guess I'll see ya all back at the Blog ranch the 21st, thus giving you all
plenty of time to make up a batch of them cookies!


~ enjoy