Thursday, December 2, 2010

A gift a day...December 2nd


Fun little gift for someone with a fun sense of humor....

The tag reads: Don't Snicker - just be glad you got something!




Fun family Christmas tradition. Every year, on the day that we go out and cut down our Christmas tree, I make what we call Christmas tree soup. I open a couple cans of Chicken noodle soup and toss in about a 1/4 cup Christmas tree pasta, that I picked up at Target or Trader Joe's. I usually either pick up a loaf of french bread at the bakery or I sometimes throw the ingredients into my bread maker that morning so that we can have some bread to dip into our soup.

A very simple.... easy.... yet warm meal for all of us to come home to after cutting the Christmas tree down on a cold winters day.

A funny story on our e-boy when he was little. We were at Target and a gal ahead of me in line was buying Christmas tree pasta and Elliot yelled out, "they must be going to get their Kissmas tree today, Mom!!!" I asked him, "what makes you think that?" "Because, he exclaimed, they are buying Kissmus tree pasta, and the only time you buy that, is when you are getting a Kissmus tree!"

Fun tradition!

~enjoy

24 gift ideas


8 comments:

Charity said...

Love the snickers gift idea, it is my kind of gift and and my kind of humor. Too cute.

Cha Cha

Kathleen said...

Love the Snicker Gift Bag...I am going to use this for some "special" people on my list...Hehe

Allyson Fairchile said...

Give me a snickers!

Unknown said...

Hi There- You made me laugh... Ummm, a CraftOManiac... well we all know the word and term "Maniac" my two year old acts like one during some part of the day... HA! well I am a "Maniac" for crafts... hence CraftOManiac!

lOVE LOVE the snickers treat gift. Your daughter is beautiful. Happy day. Jen

Unknown said...

Jen again- Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your dear sweet comment. Comments like that make my heart swell, and my eyes water. Thank you. I am blessed to be a stay at home mommy, and am thrilled that baby #4 will be here in spring. Much love to you and Happy Holidays too.

Noble Vintage said...

I just love those traditions! :) So cute.
Thanks for leaving the nice comments on my blog the other day- dontch just love pugs??! They sure keep life fun!

Christy said...

Aww, love the pasta story idea! Can't wait to see all the gifts....lovin' the two so far. :O)

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing.