Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Recycle


I'm working towards being a little more earth friendly here in our home. One small step at a time. You could say that I have been looking at our garbage bin a little differently around here.



Toilet paper rolls, raffia, a plastic lid from a sponge cake container, some dirt, Spanish moss, and some seeds for planting.



I cut the roll into thirds, tied raffia around each little roll and placed them into my plastic lid.



Added dirt to each roll, planted my basil seeds and filled in around the rolls with some moss.



The raffia will aid in keeping the paper rolls together once you start watering the seedlings.




Since the paper rolls are biodegradable I will be able to plant them into the dirt right along with the plants.


So come on little seedlings and come on Spring time!


I was inspired by this idea over at a fun bloggers site called Homework. She has so many sweet and fun ideas. I encourage you to go pay her a visit.


My heart is merry as I wait for these little seedlings to spring up!

“A merry heart doeth good like a medicine…”

Proverbs 17:22


~enjoy





6 comments:

Kathleen said...

What a great idea..!!

Christine said...

Just call me the idea snatcher!...lol Hugs to you K!

Carolyn said...

Hi Christine, Great job on the paper roll seedlings. Thanks so much for linking back to my blog. BTW - we're all idea snatchers. I love sharing creative inspiration in blogland. Have a wonderful week.
xxoo - carolyn - homework

Christine said...

Thank-you Carolyn =O)

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...you always have such brilliant ideas.

Karen said...

OMG What a great idea.
I have missed you. I am home today so have come over to catch up!
When I get back from Texas, this is what I am going to do!
Hugs! Karen