Friday, June 16, 2017



I woke up this morning to the sound of the rain knocking on my window  and I felt so happy inside. Maybe because I was born and raised in the North West, but the rain doesn't really bother me that much. I don’t know, really, why. But I do know I truly enjoy being inside working on projects around the home. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoy the sunshine as well, but I am not one to complain about the rain.

I can’t help but think that since my mom was a stay at home that she may have (unknowingly) planted a little seed in my heart to be a homemaker, mom and wife who loves living and working with in the four walls of our home. I just always remember my mom making home life look like my kind of fun and that one day, I truly wanted her job.

 Well I now know how much work it really is to run a home, be a good wife and raise three children and that it isn't always easy, but it truly was the desire of my heart and still is.

I’m not sure but I think that I to have (unknowingly) passed this little seed off to my daughter as well.  She once  made a comment a while back that I have never forgotten and that was, that she wanted my job but with no kids.  Ha! 

I love this crazy funny family of mine.


Dear Heavenly Father,

It’s just me….

I am Thankful for:

Little girl heart answered prayers

A husband who shares your vision, Lord, of the importance of moms in homes

A mom and dad who showed us what committed marriages, good and bad looked like

You, Lord, knocking on my window with the sound of your homemade rain

So many fun things to do inside the four walls of this home, that you so lovingly,  share with us

A husband who calls to check in on my day

Children who call and text just to say hello

Two wonderful daughter in laws and one wonderful son in law

Yeah, I am so thankful for these moments and yeah I am enjoying the moments that you share with me

In your son’s precious name,

Amen





Unless the LORD builds the house, They labor in vain who build it; Unless the LORD guards the city, The watchman keeps awake in vain. It is vain for you to rise up early, To retire late, To eat the bread of painful labors; For He gives to His beloved even in his sleep. 
                                                --Psalm 127:1-2