Thursday, June 15, 2017


I am challenging myself to make one square a day so that by the end of August I will have enough squares to finish an afghan. Each week I am selecting one verse from the Bible to memorize and reflect on as I work on my squares as well. Today marks my ninth day of my self-challenge.  I am calling this my personal granny square scripture afghan. The colors I am using this time around are a little darker than I usually go with but as I was going through some old pictures I came across and old picture of my grandma's house with my daughter sitting on her couch with this style afghan resting over the back of the couch. When I was younger I remember my grandma and grandpa driving all the way to Washington in their motor home from Montana. My grandma used to knit and crochet all the way to our house and then all the way back home to Montana again. I don't ever recall her sitting without some type of project that she was working on in her lap. I actually have memories of her working on that particular afghan as a child and thought I would recreate my own. I have some other afghans I am working on for my children and their spouse that I will post at a later date. But for now, I am enjoying my quiet moments soaking in Gods word and creating some new memories of my own, for my sweet family here that God has richly blessed me with.

Week #1 Verse “Long ago, even before he made the world, God loved us and chose us in Christ to be holy and without fault in his eyes. His unchanging plan has always been to adopt us into his own family by bringing us to himself through Jesus Christ. And this gave him great pleasure. So we praise God for the wonderful kindness he has poured out on us because we belong to his dearly loved Son. He is so rich in kindness that he purchased our freedom through the blood of his Son, and our sins are forgiven. He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding.” Ephesians 1:4-9

Week #2 Verse  Since God so loved us, we also ought to love one another. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us. --1 John 4:11