Pages

Friday, April 3, 2009

EGG-cellent!

Can we all say EGG-cellent! I saw this little egg project the other day on a blog that I have fallen in love with! When you finish up here you have to go visit their site...it is amazing! I am making some cookies now as I type that I discovered over there as well. This was so much fun and very rewarding! I was really afraid I was going to go through all of this work to have it not turn out.

First of all...I went to the thrift store today here in town and bought two silk ties for $2.50. It has to be silk or this project will not turn out.

Walked over to fridge and selected my eggs

Opened up silk ties and cut the fabric to fit around my egg. wrap the front of the silk facing the egg and tie it off with some string. As tight as you can with out it breaking. Don't drop egg, cuz it will break...ugh. Lost my first little egg buddy due to dropping him on the counter..ouch.

I am giddy with excitement here and really would of been happy to of just kept them as is...are they not the cutest little eggs!

Oh forgot to mention, buy a pillow case while at thrift store, you will need to wrap eggs again in pillow case fabric, once again tightly.

Drop little egg buddies in pan of water adding 1/4 cup Vinegar, put lid on a pan, set timer and boil for 20 minutes.

Look at my little egg buddies now!!!!! They turned out so cute and I was thrilled with the results.





So now head on over to "Our Best Bites" and check out the blog for yourselves! Well I need to head on out to the kitchen and take the cookies out of the oven that I was telling you about. The recipe is over there on their blog as well, look for the cookies called, "Gooey Cookie Pie Bites." They look and smell wonderful!

~enjoy


There was an error in this gadget