Friday, November 19, 2010

Thanksgiving Candle Project


I have been making candle holders for our thanksgiving tables here at home and at the church. Tomorrow we are having a big thanksgiving dinner at the church and so I had the ladies in my bible study class all make one for the tables and then after the church dinner they can take their candle holders home for their own thanksgiving table.

All you need is:

Jar (I used an old pickle jar)
Paint brush
Napkin
Mod podge
Ribbon to put around jar, optional.
Tea candle (I am using the little battery operated candle)

Cut your napkin to fit the jar and mod podge it onto the jar. I Painted the jar with the mod podge firt then pressed the napkin onto the jar and then gently paint more of the mod podge onto the napkin. Be careful while painting the jar with the mod podge napkin rips easily. If it does rip a little don't worry...it still looks pretty with the candle in it. Let the jar dry and then add your candle

~enjoy

4 comments:

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I have made these before and they are so pretty. And such a fun project. I have also done this technique on the purchased cardboard figures. One year I did bunny rabbits for Easter and they were really cute. Love & blessings from NC!

Kathleen said...

You just gave me my homemade gift giving for Christmas..!!! THANK YOU..!! Happy Thanksgiving, G/F<3

Lynette Jacobs said...

Wow...so easy and so pretty:-D

Bargain Hoot said...

That looks so pretty...I'd love to try it! Thank you for sharing the process!!