Saturday, October 13, 2012

Who sees or even cares?






I got to thinking the other day about how often I’ve worked on projects, and felt like nobody’s noticed or cared. Then I began thinking, “What’s the point of this project?” Then discouragement reared its ugly head and I was tempted to just drop the whole thing.


Who sees or even cares?

Isn’t this exactly what the enemy wants us to think? If he can get us to stop what we’re doing because we’re discouraged, whether it’s providing a stable, creative home for our families, a calm and loving place for our husbands to come home to, or a place to invite others into our home to help encourage and teach His holy word. 



As I was reading the word I was reminded of the story of Hager; remember her?
A slave girl named Hagar had been mistreated by her mistress, Sarai.  Although Hagar wasn’t all that innocent in the relationship either, Sarai had caused Hagar to run away into the wilderness. God met her there (Genesis 16: 7-13):
The angel of the Lord found Hagar near a spring in the desert … and he said, “Hagar, slave of Sarai, where have you come from, and where are you going?” She gave this name to the Lord who spoke to her, “You are the God who sees me…”
She was rejected by her mistress ( remember,  this was the idea of the mistress in the first place; abandoned by her master, who, by the way, had gone along with his wife’s bad idea). Hagar was in a hopeless situation. But God knew the situation and SAW HER. Sometimes even more than a solution to our problems, we just need somebody to validate us! We as humans have an innate need for connection, particularly women. Some of us may need affirmation more than others, and I know when the water in my very own well is low because I’ve been giving and giving, I need a connection more than ever!




Look who sees us:

Isaiah 43:1 … I have called you by name. You are mine.
John 10:14 … I am the good shepherd. I know my own.
Psalm 139: 1-5 … Lord, you have examined me and know me. You know everything I do; from far away you understand all my thoughts. You see me, whether I am working or resting; you know all my actions… You are all around me on every side; you protect me with your power.
Psalm 91:14 … He knows my name.
I don’t know about you, but I need to get busy around here, after all, the Lord is watching me.





~enjoying the moments...

even the busy getting ready part of the moments.

4 comments:

Red Rose Alley said...

Christine,
This story hit home for me todady because I have been discrouraged finding a place to move to and spend the rest of my years at, and sometimes it is unsettling for me. This story tells me to keep trying, keep pursuing my dreams, keep going forward with plans. It doesn't matter who knows what I'm going through, but God who knows all, sees my efforts. Thank you, my dear, for this heartwarming reminder.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

Christine said...

Oh Sheri, You and I are not alone, are we? I sure have my Hager moments and even go as far to try and take matters into my very own hands. This daily walk....is just that...Daily. I am so thankful for the beautiful Grace of this loving God. Bathing you in prayer for direction, my sweet friend. If your direction ends up being Seattle, you will have to let me know. ((hugs))

Lynette Jacobs said...

Oh yes...our El Roi sees all. Beautiful encouraging post my friend.

xx

Christine said...

This amazing God we serve...loves enough to take time for us, His blessed children. We really are, so loved. Thank-you, Lynette. ((Hugs))