Thrift finds for Kelli's show and tell and a Yummy Pie

A couple of you have asked for this and thought I'd just post the recipe here. I actually found this recipe in a free recipe Jello Pamphlet, full of really yummy desert recipes, at the grocery store. It was quick and very yummy!

What You'll Need!

~ 1/2 Cup Almonds, toasted.
~ 1 Tbsp Sliced roasted almonds to sprinkle on top of your pie

(I used whole raw almonds, chopped them up and heated them in a pan on the stove until they were toasted. A little fyi ~ Trader Joe's has the lowest prices on almonds that I have found thus far)

~ 50 Nilla Wafers, finely crushed

~ 6 Tbsp. Butter, melted

~ 1 Pkg.( 3.4 oz.) Jell-O Vanilla flavored instant pudding

~ 1 Cup cold milk

~ 1 Cup thawed COOL WHIP Whipped Topping

~ 1 Cup mixed fresh fruit ( blueberries,raspberries,blackberries, halved strawberries etc.)

Now Let's Make It!

Take your finely chopped almonds; mix with the waffer crumbs and butter. Press onto bottom and up the side of a tart pan or shallow pie plate.

Beat pudding mix and milk with a whisk about 2 minutes. Stir in Cool Whip. Spoon into the crust.

Refrigerate 3 hours or until firm. Top with fruit and the remaining almonds just before serving.



( Penni, This is what I did differently the 2nd time I made this dessert for Easter that Kathy told you about.) I made up a batch of "Cook and Serve" vanilla pudding. I made it in advance and refrigerated it. When the pudding was ready I added the cool whip and followed thru with the rest of the directions. ( I made this the night before, so it was easy and out of the way for Easter) I am not a big fan of instant pudding. But I will admit, it is faster. I also added a tsp. of Vanilla extract to give it that little extra vanilla flavor. I would of even thrown in pure vanilla if I had it or even better yet a vanilla bean.)

I liked the instant one and it was faster yet I really do prefer the cook and serve puddings...but both were yummy! And if I am in a hurry, believe me, I will use the instant again.



Thrift store goodies.....Joining in on Kelli's show and tell Friday.

I found these adorable little dessert cups for .28 cents. Served our dinner guest the "Dangerous Chocolate cake" in them.

Oh and as some of you may already know I used the ties for my Easter Egg decorations.


Came home to find this sweet card and a packet of seeds in the mail from Mary , thank-you so much for this. Going to plant them by my pond in the back yard. Will be able to see them every time I do the dishes! =O)

Celebrating Spring with this little guy for only .99 cents.



Found these two glass vases as well. I filled one with jelly beans and the other with water and daffodils. It is making a nice Spring center piece for the kitchen table.