Basket Weaving vs Volleyball

Took the daughter in at 6 am this morning to have her Knee worked on again. Yes again, time three. I sure hope -- the third time is a charm, as some say.
While I was sitting in the waiting room it dawned on me that she, the daughter, is nineteen now and really doesn't need me to fill out forms, answer questions or sign any documents any more. You see, when your children turn into adults, the people at the office really don't even notice you are there any more. Don't get me wrong here, I don't feel like I need to or want to be noticed, but it just feels really strange when all forms, eye contact and talk is directed at the child now.
I wonder how much eye contact they will give a jobless nineteen year old college student when they try to collect the cash for this spendy little procedure. After all, how am I to even know what any of them look like, all I saw was their backs.
The surgery went very well. She had a couple tears in the meniscus that the doctor was able to clean up. Four week recovery and she will be back on the court --- I really wish she'd take up basket weaving!
enjoy ~