Sunday, March 6, 2011

Where might He be

I was once asked a question that has stuck with me for years now and that is this: If Jesus came here this Sunday in the physical form which church would we find him fellowshipping with?




Where might we find Him kneeling?



Whom would we find Him eating lunch with?


And Who's cup would He be filling?

Some scriptures I have been pressing myself against this week:

Proverbs 14:31

He who oppresses the poor reproaches his Maker, but he who is gracious to the needy honors Him.

Proverbs 21:13

He who shuts his ear to the cry of the poor will also cry himself and not be answered.

Proverbs 28:27

He who gives to the poor will never want, but he who shuts his eyes will have many curses.

Luke 6:20-25

(25) Woe to you who are well fed now, for you shall be hungry. Woe to you who laugh now for you shall mourn and weep.

Matthew 19:21-23

21 Jesus answered, “If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me.”

22 When the young man heard this, he went away sad, because he had great wealth.

23 Then Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly I tell you, it is hard for someone who is rich to enter the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 25:36-46

36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’

40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’

41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’

44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’

45 “He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’

46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”



5 comments:

Christine said...

Shorter version of yesterdays...sorry for the repeat.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Enjoyed all your verses! Great post. Where might He be..... wonderful question. Good food for thought for all of us to ponder. Have an awesome week. Love & blessings from NC!

Lynette Jacobs said...

You would find him among the needy and poverty stricken people of this world. Great post my friend.

Nicole said...

Love it!

Tonya said...

definitely something to ponder and pursue.

i know a very poor lady who always carries a couple of dollars in her pockets to give to anyone on the street who asks for money. i was amazed at that.

Lord, help me.