Saturday, November 5, 2011

{Breathe}




Be still and know that I am God...I stood in silence.



I followed this path





I saw light...





I heard wind




I watched as life held onto death





I stopped and pondered



{Learning}

to Become more still in this walk

{difficult}

but possible

~~~

The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear the sound of it… So is everyone who is born of the Spirit.” John 3:8

Whoever speaks, is to do so as one who is speaking the utterances of God.”

1Peter 4:11

{Still}


Just standing there on quiet field, before a stretch of green moss...

{still}

be Still....

It is when I finally still,

that I see....

One day {all} will be permanent.

I continue to stand still...on that wheel,

letting the potter have his way with me.

~~~

It isn't about what has been done to me....
It is about how I handle what has been done to me.

Could it be that the dross that is pulled out of us by others is that log?

That log he tells us to work on?

ignore the speck in the brothers eye....

{Dross}



in my
{Brokenness}
...I still

The flesh is pulled, tugged and beaten...the dross extracted...I continue to still.




The potters wheel..I still and I stay.


~~~~


Just like the tabernacle, built from the inside out, I praise with thanksgiving and I am changed from the inside out.

Thankful for:

the dross, being pulled out of me and I see it and deal with it
for His ever loving arms around my broken life
prayer
holes still here...but filled by Him
the fire
the stones
the lessons
the people used to help form my clay
lessons learned
lessons to come
love of teaching
love of His holy words
when His words excite my inner soul and I laugh out loud
Grace
love
joy in my life
a family who has been saved
family gatherings and we all love
a mom and dad who brought us up to work things through and never give up on God
a dad who laughed, loved, and prayed me through
example of forgiveness

~deep breath~

“The letters of the name of God in Hebrew are yod, hay, vav, and hay. They are infrequently pronounced Yahweh. But in truth they are inutterable….

This word is the sound of breathing. The holiest name in the world, the Name of Creator, is the sound of your own breathing. That these letters are unpronounceable is no accident. Just as it is no accident that they are also the root letters of the Hebrew verb ‘to be’… God’s name is name of Being itself.”

~Rabbi Lawrence Kushner


inhale....

exhale....


I breathe…. And call His name.


inhale...exhale...




No comments: