Tuesday, May 1, 2012

A Diary of Private Prayer



Let me not, when this morning prayer is said, think my worship ended and spend the day in forgetfulness of you, Lord. Rather from these moments of quietness let light go forth, and joy, and power, that will remain with me through all the hours of the day;


Keeping me chaste in thought:
Keeping me temperate and truthful in speech:
Keeping me faithful and diligent in my work:


Keeping me humble in my estimation of myself:
Keeping me honorable and generous in my dealings with others:



Keeping me loyal to every hallowed memory of the past:
Keeping me mindful of my eternal destiny as a child of you, Lord.




O God, who has been the refuge of my fathers through
 many generations, be my refuge today 
in every time and circumstance of need.



 Be my guide through all that is dark and doubtful.
 Be my guide through all that threatens my spirit's welfare.
 Be my strength in time of testing. Gladden my heart with your peace;
 through Jesus Christ my Lord. 
Amen

( Shared from the book: A Diary of Private Prayer)




5 comments:

Everydaythings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Everydaythings said...

Christine - you just have no idea how much you inspire me with your blog, and it reminds me to turn to god and pray! thank you, you really make a difference in my life with your blog.
ps deleted my last comment as it had too many typos in it!

allisamazing said...

This is a beautiful prayer. Thanks for sharing it :)

Lynette Jacobs said...

You have become my quiet place of reflection. Thank you for sharing your faith and your prayers with us.

Christine said...

Yay, to God!