Sunday, July 22, 2012

Seen or Unseen

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.
~ 2 Cor. 4:18

Oh how I pray that He continues to work through me with the unseen.  Daily trying to let go of the worries of the seen: messy home, messy hair, messy car, messy life, etc. I think that my concern with the outer appearance of the seen to others inhibits ministry, some-days more than others. Like maybe not opening home up because someone might see messy piles? Or meeting up with hurt people because you are behind with life? I sometimes beat myself up for not being able to keep up with everything and everyone around me. We all have different things going on in our lives, different seasons along with different events.

I daily work on saying goodbye to insecurity.

I am sure that grace will cover these dishes on counter in exchange for time with hurting friend. Fix eyes not on what is seen.....but what is unseen. This daily weighing of temporary over the eternal.

~enjoying eternal moments that are sometimes unseen.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Good morning Christine :)
I hear you...I struggle with the same things.
You are so right...its the eternal that means everything.
Thanks for this timely reminder.
Hugs!

Deborah xoxo

Christine said...

Good afternoon, Deborah! This daily struggle ... yes, Lord, yes, Lord! The Martha and Mary in me...

Lynette Jacobs said...

We all struggle with the same things my friend. May the grace of our Lord cover it all.

Christine said...

Yes! Grace! Oh, His beautiful Grace! Thanks!