Sunday, September 28, 2008

The Shack


I just finished reading a book called "The Shack" and I must say that I really enjoyed it.

I liked William Young's take on this broken mans story. A man who had so many hard times here on earth and how he really questioned God. I don't want to give anything away here, but I think it is worth a read for sure.

I can actually see myself reading it again. He really gives a beautiful picture of God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I know what you are saying, how can this be fiction...you will have to read it for yourself.

4 comments:

CarJax said...

We read this in both of my book clubs. I need to read it again too! Amazing story.

Christine said...

I'm still gnawing on the part where God appears as a woman, because of the guys bad relationship with his earthly Father! I mean, really, I can see God coming to us all as one who we'd trust. And how he explained how He is neither male or female...that whole book just really makes you think on so many different levels. This guy is really a good writer and has such a cool and loving visual of God.

Anonymous said...

you should send me that book so i dont have to go to the store and buy it. haha. garsh im lazy.

Christine said...

As soon as your dad is done reading it "Alison loves to go to classes to get really smart" I'll send it to ya!...lol love you and miss you like crazy...who is going to help me decorate this year?????