Friday, June 29, 2012

Attitude of Gratitude









Breakfast with friends (thank-you, ms. daisy)
cat on a fence
yummy food
fruit
flowers
red velvet cup cakes
coffee with a friend who moved back to town from out of town
week end trip to Bellingham to spend with the daughter
dinner out with the husband
bible study at moms house
a surprise visit from another out of town friend
clean dishes on the kitchen counter
bed is made
hair cut
down 21 pounds
three new outfits
a new book to read (Walking on water) just started it last night
poetry
Gods word being memorized
luncheon at my home next month
cup of coffee in the morning (treat)
new sneakers (my feet thank them)
warm laundry out of the dryer
beautiful people in my life (so blessed)
three children -blessed
best friend as husband (double blessed)
a home I enjoy being in (quiet and peaceful right now)
Gods word all around me
prayer
grace
hope
love

When I am constantly running down there is no time for being. When there is no time for being there is no time for listening. I will never understand the dying of the green pie apple tree if I do not slow down and listen to what the spirit is telling me. ~Madeleine L'engle "Walking on water"

~enjoying the slowing of down and making time for the being. 
Daily learning to be more aware of always so thankful.

2 comments:

dallosto1 said...

That is beautiful Chris. And your photography makes my humble home look glorious!

Christine said...

Your humble home is glorious...just as you are! Thank you for constantly teaching me to celebrate the moments.