Monday, September 29, 2008

Redneck Fire Alarm...I think not!

Cyndy sent this to me today and I just laughed! But as I sat here and really thought about this, it's not a bad idea at all. I mean think about it, haven't you seen and read where children don't wake up to the sound of fire alarms? Now I don't know about you, but when I smell something good cooking, I wake up immediately! So really this could be a back up to our fire alarms that we don't seem to hear while in a deep sleep.

I remember my brother Carl telling me a story of he and Jackie at a couples retreat one time and he'd set the bread machine to bake early in the morning so that it was ready to eat as they all woke up. Well what happened was it was baking really early in the morning and it woke everyone up! So you see, I can really see this idea working....lol

Heading over now to enter our family Valentines tradition to my "Family tradition" blog...see ya around the corner!

5 comments:

CarJax said...

Love this one! Oh yeah, I remember that time we lugged the bread machine to the marriage retreat. Brings back funny memories of all those people waking up to the smell of fresh baked bread. Carl has always been a crowd pleaser. :O)

P.S. He got that bread machine for me and I couldn't even get close to it for a long time...Carl was in the way!

Anonymous said...

This is soooo funny. I am totally impressed with your and Jackie's blogs, they are amazing. I will try to remember to read them each day.

Every man should have a daughter just like you.

Luv, Dad

Christine said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christine said...

Hi dad...glad to see you finally figured out how to leave a comment... Now snackie and I have to behave in here...lol

Anonymous said...

bawhahagagaga