Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year from the Gum Wall in Seattle...

If you look real hard you can see our Penny sandwich....I personally can't look at this to long!




We have been wanting to go see the Gum Wall, or should I say, the daughter has been wanting to go see the Gum Wall for some time now so we finally made a gum date with the daughter to go see it.


Alison has been bugging Dave for some time now to show her this famous place where everyone sticks their gum on the wall right before entering the Pike Place Theater. If this is something you'd be interested in visiting someday just head on down to the lower Post Ally -- and I promise you, you can't miss it!

I guess the story goes like this....everyone lines up along the wall on Post Ally as they file into the theater. Before people would enter the theater they'd stick their chewing gum on the wall. I don't know if maybe this started back in the days before they'd let you into the theater with chewing gum. Who knows -- maybe the owners got tired of scrapping gum off the floors and under the chairs.
I can't even begin to think about a bunch of pushy impatient kids waiting in line and some kid getting shoved into that wall -- or worse yet,...the poor mom who has to get gum off the back of little juniors coat!

Of course we took gum and added more to the wall,...after all this is what one is expected to do when visiting a famous Gum Wall. So if you happen to be in the Gum Wall neighborhood make sure and look for three blobs of boring white gum stuck to two pennies -- that would be ours. We are calling ours a " two cent gum sandwich."

It has been super busy with the kids all home...will catch up with everyone soon! Hope everyone had a super fun Christmas and you are all enjoying a relaxing New Year thus far!
Heading out now to see "Marley and me." Catch up with you soon!

10 comments:

CarJax said...

That is the most disgusting, funny thing I've seen on a post in a long time! lol! Thanks for all your comments on my blog. I've missed you. :D And thanks for the tip on the tracker. I've already changed it per your help. Love you bunches! Welcome back and Happy New Year! Jax

Lisa said...

Ok....EWWWWWW!! I usually get a laugh and inspiration here...ah, this time this nurse is a little grossed out. LOL. So glad that isn't outside my house! Enjoy the movie. That is on my list of things to do too. We have been quite busy playing Wii Bowling...its addicting :-)

Happy New Year!

Christine said...

lol -- I am so with you two...ewwwww! I really need to come up with another post cuz this is giving me nightmares!

Jessica said...

YUCK! Interesting but yuck!

P-Dot said...

EEEEEWWWWWWWW! ! !
I hope you were careful how you put your gum wad up there....

CarJax said...

Hello again. Hey, since you were helpful I'm gonna return the favor. (Maybe it will keep my mind off this disgusting post - LOL!!) To change your background with cutestblogontheblock.com, you need to change your blog template to "minima". Then go to the above website, grab the code for the background you want, then go to your blog layout. Add an html/java script gadget and paste the code there. Save and voila. The blog background you've always wanted. (Please don't pick a gum wall background!!) HUGS, Jax

Attebetty said...

Thanks for giving me two things to do before I go to bed. [1] try not to have nightmares about that icky wall. [2] Figure out what the heck Jackie was saying (What's a minima....?)

Tammyz said...

You are THE most cool Mom ever!! I love that your family took a trip to the gum wall!! It was a sacrifice of love!! :D

Connie said...

How interesting! My sister lives outside Seattle. I will ask her if she's ever seen this. Happy New Year! Connie

sharilyn said...

ok. eeewwww. hee hee. gross! giggle. that's disgusting, yet somehow alluring... really really yucky, and yet, wonderful with all its colors... nauseating yet attractive... hmmm. i'm conflicted. but, if i'm ever in seattle, i'm sure i'll go see it... if only to stop and stare and be grossed out and yet fascinated. :)