Tomatoes...

My brother in law and his wife have been bringing us fresh fruit and vegetables back from Yakima all summer long and I must say I have had a love hate relationship with all the fresh produce this summer! I love the fruit and vegetable's but hate it when I can't keep up and they go bad on us. The fruit has kept me in the kitchen a lot this summer. I have been canning jam like a crazy woman! The box of tomatoes sat in my kitchen almost a week before I could figure out what to do with all of them. We grilled them, put them in salads and even just sliced them up and ate them. Dave suggested I boil the rest and freeze them for our chili this Halloween. Perfect idea Dave!



Here is whats left of our tomato family...these are huge by the way! I got the water boiling and one by one dropped them into the pot. I think I boiled them for only a couple minutes. You can actually see the skin crack on them.

As soon as I pulled them out of the boiling pot I immediately one by one dropped them into a very cold bowl of ice water.
One by one I peeled the skin off the tomatoes, the skin really just fell right off ...this sure was an easy way to get the skin off these tomatoes. I then chopped each one up and put them into a freezer zip lock bag and stuck them into the freezer. They are all ready to go into Dave's Halloween Chili. I can't wait for Dave's chili!