|1||box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® white cake mix|
|1 1/4||cups water|
|1/3||cup vegetable oil|
|2||teaspoons mint extract|
|12||drops green food color|
|2||jars (16 oz each) hot fudge topping|
|1||container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed|
|5||drops yellow food color|
| ||Thin rectangular crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped and cut into pieces, if desired|
- 1 Heat oven to 350°F for shiny metal or glass pan (or 325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with baking spray with flour.
- 2 Make cake mix as directed on box, using water, oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons of the mint extract and the egg whites. Reserve 1 cup batter. Stir 3 drops of the green food color into reserved batter; set aside. Pour remaining batter into pan.
- 3 Drop green batter by generous tablespoonfuls randomly in 12 to 14 mounds onto batter in pan. Cut through batters with metal spatula or knife in S-shaped curves in one continuous motion. Turn pan 1/4 turn; repeat cutting for swirled design.
- 4 Bake 28 to 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Run knife around side of pan to loosen cake. Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- 5 Carefully spread fudge topping evenly over cake. In medium bowl, stir whipped topping, remaining 1/2 teaspoon extract, remaining 9 drops green food color and the yellow food color until blended. Spread whipped topping mixture evenly over fudge. Garnish with candy pieces. Store covered in refrigerator.
I found this on the Betty Crocker site